Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Top 10 Anticipated Things In September

Today is September 1st and as we wave goodbye to what was either a boring or monumental summer, we anxiously await the fall and what it has to offer. I know I'm excited so let's begin with the Top 10 Anticipated Things In September:

10. Back To School- If you're like me and have had it with the children who occupy the streets all day then you're in luck! With the return of school means diligent students who are so exhausted from studying that the energy to cause havoc isn't there. Have a great school year guys and keep pulling in those A's.

9. NBC Thursday Night Lineup- With shows like The Office, 30 Rock, and Parks and Recreation consistently making audiences laugh, the wait to have these shows back on the air is almost over. Also, with new shows such as Outsourced I'm sure the laughs will be louder.

8. Fall Weather- Tired of the heat waves? Tired of the humidity drying out your hair and leaving it brittle? If you answered "yes" then you're ready for a little dip in the weather...roughly 70 degree weather. It's bearable and it allows you to crack out those cute fall outfits.

7. NYC Fashion Week- For one week every fall and spring top designers showcase their exquisite outfits and being a shopping junkie, I break the bank and look fabulous. If you're lucky enough to ever attend a show, revel in the moment and soak up the glamour.

6. Wall Street-Money Never Sleeps- 23 years after the infamous film, Wall Street, Oliver Stone is back with one of my, dare I say, Economic icons Gordon Gekko. Shia LeBeouf  stars as Jacob Moore, an up and coming broker engaged to Gekko's estranged daughter. Gekko and Moore try to stop the 2008 financial crisis but face opposition. So is greed, for a lack of a better word, good?

5. Grey's Anatomy- The season finale left me with heart complications and if this season is anything like last then count me in for season 7. The gang is back and all I have to ask is "Is Richard the chief again since Derek needs to heal from his gunshot wound?"

4. College sports- I'm a Duke Blue Devil kind of girl and I'm still celebrating after Duke's victory to be called the 2010 NCAA Champions. I'm looking for a repeat this year as well as looking forward to college football, baseball, etc.

3. Fox Animation Domination Sundays- I don't know about you but I love animation and Fox definitely knows how to make me laugh. From The Simpsons to The Cleveland Show to Family Guy to American Dad, I am in stitches and wouldn't have it any other way.

2. NFL Season/Fox NFL Sunday- With the Jets/Giants welcoming a new stadium, Eli Manning getting knocked out during pre-season football, and holdouts, I'm excited to see the 2010-2011 season. Also, my boys, Michael Strahan, Howie Long, Terry Bradshaw, Curt Menefee, and Jimmy Johnson are back for their amazing color commentary every Sunday.

1. The MLB Pennant Race- 30 teams have battled through injuries and personal highs and lows to make it to September for contention into the playoffs. Being the die hard Yankee fan that I am,the pennant race for the AL East has got me all shook up. The Yankees and the Rays are tied and it seems as if no one wants to fall out of the top spot. All over the league, teams are breaking records to secure their place at the top. Good luck guys. I wish you all the best.

There you have it. The 10 things I anticipate for September. I hope you've enjoyed it and see you next time.

XOXO,
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you readers for your comments for they are truly appreciated.