Sunday, November 14, 2010

What A Folkin' Miracle!

Today's game between the New York Jets and Cleveland Browns was by far one for the ages...or at least one for the Sundays. Brace yourself folks because what I'm about to recap will have your adrenaline pumping. Let's dig in:

The Browns out a score on the board early with a field goal to give themselves a 3-0 lead. As the first quarter moved along, the Jets gained some leverage and Nick Folk, his name will be dragged through the mud in the post, kicked a beautiful FG to even the game out 3-3. With nearly 16 seconds left in the 1st quarter, Cleveland scored a touchdown and the Browns led 10-3. Not too much damage done right? Wrong! Nick Folk missed his first FG of the game that would give have out the Jets back 10-6. Ok ok that was a little harsh...let's move on to the 2nd.

In the 2nd quarter, the Jets made some noise as Cotchery scored a TD to even up the game 10-10. Cleveland answered back with a FG of their own and the score was 13-10. As the quarter was coming to a close, the Jets found an opening and scored another TD for a 17-13 lead. Us fans were either in the mood for a drink or.....HALFTIME!

We're back from the half and this quarter left me ready to throw and everything at my television...besides me throwing curses and insults. Bot the Jets and the Browns looked clueless and just when I thought I could find solace in my trusty kicker, Nick Folk missed his 2nd field goal. Yes...you read that right. On to the 4th we go with the score still 17-13.

Nick Folk seemed to redeem himself by kicking a FG which gave the Jets a 20-17 lead. The Browns then answered back with a TD to tie the game 20-20. There was no way that Nick Folk could miss a 3rd straight goal in this game but low and behold...Folk missed his 3rd FG and as I collapsed my head into my hands, I prayed for something. I prayed for a miracle. Overtime was my miracle. 

The Jets were on the brink of a loss until a momentum shift happened, the Browns fumbled the ball. Phew...it was safe to breathe. But, here comes the kicker, no not Nick Folk, but a positive one. With 16 seconds left, Mark Sanchez passed the ball to Santonio Holmes and Holmes brought the ball home for a  TOUCHDOWN! Jets win! Jets win!

The Jets won the game 26-20.

Jets....don't ever scare me like that again!

XOXO,
Whitney

1 comment:

Thank you readers for your comments for they are truly appreciated.