Friday, June 24, 2011

A Proud Duke Momma x 3!

Just when you thought the basketball madness had ended with the Dallas Mavericks being crowned the 2011 NBA Champions, yes folks are STILL talking about that, something happened that added to the wonderment of the National Basketball Association, the NBA Draft. Players from every college team across the United States, sat with family, friends, and fans alike to await the announcement of where they would start their professional careers. As if I wasn't excited to see where this array of talent were heading, my heart suffered near palpitations...times 3!

Among the talent being fussed over and ultimately drafted, 3 of my Duke Blue Devils had the honor of being drafted tonight: Kyrie Irving, Nolan Smith, and Kyle Singler. Needless to say, I was overcome with joy because every academic year, my heart and my schedule belongs to Duke. 2010 NCAA champions Nolan Smith, who was the 21st pick in the 1st round, will be heading to Portland while the 2nd round 3rd pick Kyle Singler will be headed to the Detroit Pistons. Freshman phenom Kyrie Irving was an impressive 1st round 1st pick who will be going to the Cleveland Cavaliers.

I am more than proud of what these guys have accomplished under the tutelage of Coach K and I truly wish them and EVERYONE who was drafted tonight nothing but the best. In the hopes that there isn't an NBA lockout next season, I look forward to seeing these men play and showing off their talents.

Congratulations to players who represented the NCAA well & knock them dead y'all!

XOXO,
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you readers for your comments for they are truly appreciated.