Friday, October 7, 2011

Game 5 Yankees Died & The Tigers Were Live...


Oh readers, it pains me to have to sit here and write a post of the nature coming up and because my heart is heavy, this will be a short one. Tonight, October 6, 2011, the New York Yankees lost Game 5 of the ALDS to the Detroit Tigers with a score of 3 - 2.  Writing that sentence just took 10 years off of my life but I'll muster through to finish. If you're anything like me, you don't know how to feel right now. You want to kick, punch, and scream at everyone. For those of you who have done these actions already, make sure you're not sitting in a holding cell so you have the opportunity to read this.

A loss is earth shattering like no other thing in existence but witnessing a loss in person, man is it double the pain. Last year, I was in attendance for Game 3 of the ALDS against the Minnesota Twins and we all know how that ended....it ended in a sweep. Ahh, what I wouldn't give to go back into time. We Yankees fans are some tough cookies, and we'll get over this defeat and move on with our lives so, because I don't want to sulk and stew over spilled milk, I'll take this time to say thank you. Yes, you read that right.

I want to say thank you to the New York Yankees for consistently providing exciting baseball and for providing the facility to house us rowdy fans. Thank you Derek Jeter, Robinson Cano, and Mariano Rivera  and Jorge Posada for your record breaking games and overall excellence. Jorge gets a shoutout because this may have been his last game ever in pinstripes and if it is, this is just a preview of what's to come in terms of his farewell post.  Thank you to the all of the fans who have continued to pour their blood, sweat, and tears into this team. Whenever folks told us we're too "obsessed" or "crazy" for our unwavering love and admiration, we scoffed at the haters and kept on trucking. Lastly, thank you to all of my readers who have stuck by me and continued to read my over exuberant posts about the team I have loved since June 1995 and will continue to love until the casket drops.

I think it's about time that I end this post because my emotions are getting the best of me and the more I watch post game interviews, my blood boils so to properly close out the 2011 Yankees season, I'll end it with this.
Disclaimer: The picture may be dull but you'll get the jist:




XOXO,
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you readers for your comments for they are truly appreciated.