Wednesday, August 4, 2010

There It Goes...See Ya! Number 600 For Alex Rodriguez!

Here's a little question I will pose to get you all started: What do Alex Rodriguez and my birthday, August 4, have in common? I'll give you a moment....give up? The answer is milestone homeruns. On Aug 4, 2007, Alex Rodriguez hit his 500th homerun off of Kyle Davies and exactly 3 years later, Aug 4, 2010, Alex hit his 600th homerum off of Shaun Marcum in the bottom of the first to give the Yankees an early jump and to give the fans just what we've been waiting for.

I'm a firm believer in spirits, mystique, and aura and the fashion in which Alex hit his homerun was nothing short of breathtaking. Alex hit a straight shot to monument park as if the old Yankee greats were guiding the ball to its intended path. Positivity flowed throughout the stadium from new faces to familiar faces as well. Alex's ex-wife Cynthia was on hand to show good faith and pass along well wishes.

While I'm slightly jaded because this is the 2nd milestone I've missed on my birthday, I'll end by extending a warm congratulations to Alex and I hope to be there in another 3 years for 700.

All rights in the video go to Major League Baseball, The New York Yankees, and the YES Network

XOXO,
Whitney

1 comment:

Thank you readers for your comments for they are truly appreciated.