Saturday, October 23, 2010

All Good Things Must Come To An End...

I'm writing this post with a heavy heart and heavy mind because, dare I say it, the New York Yankees lost Game 6 to the Texas Rangers. That's right, Ron Washington and his Rangers are the 2010 ALCS Champions. Their hard work and dedication this season has served them well combined with the hot bat of Josh Hamilton. This will be a short post because I'm still in the grieving process as it's still surreal that my Yankees will be taking an early vacation. Also, there's no need to recap what has happened, I'm pretty sure we were all watching, cursing, biting our nails, taking shots, and possibly crying at the outcome of the game. Although I am sad, I know that there's always next year to continue our quest to #28. Our season may be over but our hearts will continue to beat.

Congratulation Texas, you played a hell of a game and had tunnel vision focus throughout the season and the postseason. Good luck to you as you face your new competitors in the World Series. Whether it be the Philadelphia Phillies or the San Francisco Giants, you're up for a challenge and I hope you can deliver.

I want to thank the New York Yankees for making this season for me one I will never forget. I've been to some heart pumping and "on the edge of your seat" games as well as watching some monumental games. You'll always have my love and support and while at the moment everything seems dreary and bleak, remember that when in doubt, know that Whitney is your #1 fan.

XOXO,
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you readers for your comments for they are truly appreciated.