Monday, October 25, 2010

Sexting, Boos, And A SNL Parody...Sucks To Be Brett Favre

If you're Brett Favre, you want the month of October to die faster than your popularity. It has been admitted by Brett Favre that he engaged in sending sexual text messages to Gameday Host Jenn Sterger. One would think that Brett would be relieved by his admission but in fact, things have spiraled downward. Last night, Favre received a massive amount of boos from fans which I believe broke his spirits and crushed his soul. Saturday night on SNL, Favre and his Wrangler Jeans ads were parodied and while I laughed, I thought about how all of this could have been avoided and some choice words for both Favre and Sterger.

Let's begin to answer the question before the choice words for these marital criminals are said. How could have this been avoided? I would think it's as simple as having your publicist and your agents on speed dial to attend to the matter before things get leaked. But, I can only imagine how complicated and time consuming concealing a thing like this would be especially when we have a participant hell bent on telling "her story". Therefore, to answer this question fully, this could have all been avoided had Brett remembered that he's married with children and focused on the task at hand...the team and winning.

Now for the choice words for Brett: I applaud you for finally speaking out and admitting your wrong doing but don't think that erases the fact that you sent sexual text messages to another woman that wasn't your wife. You're married with children and have a grandchild and the fact that you even collected a Gameday Host's phone number is where my anger for you comes from. She's a host, not your agent or your publicist therefore what in the hell were you thinking when you two exchanged digits? You should have known right then and there this wasn't going to end well. So, as a result when you lose your endorsements and the money dwindles I'll laugh and wish for it all to leave...preferably in a divorce settlement to your wife. That may not happen but I hope the embarrassment and shame eats at you.

Jenn: The opportunity for you to jump start your sports career and become highly respected and recognized is now down the drain because you chose to act like a groupie. In order to break the stereotype surrounding women in sports and athletes, you have to be able to not fall for the temptation and rise above it. I also question why come out with it now? What's in it for you? Do you feel better about yourself for doing this? I want to understand your reasoning and mindset because for now I'm calling you a sideline ho and a groupie. You and so many other women who engage in acts like this are the reason why it's hard for women like myself and others who are serious about sports to be taken seriously. I'm pretty sure you wanted to keep the flirting harmless but look at where it's gone. You'll never be hired by the NFL or any other sport again so I hope you use your college degree wisely.

If it's one thing I can conclude with, it'll be the line I used weeks ago when I first wrote about this scandal, be careful of the women who suddenly seem a little too friendly for your liking. Remember, a W-2 form and a 9-5 job are just mirrors for groupie tendencies.

XOXO,
Whitney

1 comment:

Thank you readers for your comments for they are truly appreciated.