Wednesday, October 20, 2010

And The Yankees Let Out A Collective "Phew! Ok, We're Still In It"

I remember waking up today and thinking, "I have so much to do and where to begin?" When you get a day off, the extra free time should be spent on doing things that are productive. So, what did I do today? I stayed in my bed, curled up, and pushing down nerves because today was Game 5 Do or Die for the New York Yankees. How did we do? Read on and you'll see.

I am proud to announce that the Yankee bats hopped up out of bed, turned their swag on and led us to a 7-2 victory over the Texas Rangers. By doing this, they allowed CC Sabathia to be dominant and efficient in holding Texas to nearly nothing.  Our backs were against the wall and honey we mauled our way out of obscurity. I remember tweeting last night that "The Rangers were guests in our home and they left with the silverware, china, and furniture" so going into today's game, I kept thinking: what else are you going to allow them to take? I'm glad the Yankees noticed the missing items and retrieved what was theirs. A special thanks to Derek Jeter, Nick Swisher, Robinson Cano, Alex Rodriguez, and hell the rest of the lineup for COLLECTIVELY shining. I saw no individual efforts today and I couldn't be any happier.

The rest of the series has to be taken one day at time and while we're all pumped up for Game 6, we can't forget that everything is an uphill climb. I'm confident that these guys will be wearing the necessary shoes to take that climb on.

Now, to end this post it's only fitting that we honor "staying alive" in the series by playing the Bee Gees. Tweet/blog with you all on Friday!



XOXO,
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you readers for your comments for they are truly appreciated.