Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Texas to NY: We're Chuckin' Up Those Deuces

So, after last night's M-E-L-T-D-O-W-N against Cliff Lee and the Rangers, we fans collectively formed a circle and said a little prayer for Allan James Burnett. With one eye to the sky to God and one closed we all placed our eggs of faith into one basket and hoped for the best. What was the outcome? Well....if you were near alcohol, everything was "niccccceeeee". For the rest of us, we could of used an alcohol hero. No need for a recap...time to D-I-G in.

Allan James must of had that heart-to-heart he so much needed because when he pitched tonight, he grabbed EVERYONE'S attention. At one point, he looked at the camera and said "Fooled you all earlier in the season...didn't I?".  Allan had Texas at a stand still. Now, one would have thought with having your shaky pitcher back on the straight and narrow for a while would evoke some incentive to keep up the momentum and while Robinson Cano and Derek Jeter continue to answer the call, the rest of the hitters are under the notion that you don't have to work while on the job. On Twitter I would pull the "#seewhatIdidthere" but I'm being honest. Did the rest of you bother to show up? I'm pretty sure you all were mentally present in getting dressed and driving to the stadium and changing into your uniforms but as far as being present on the field, I questioned that. Although Burnett's mistake, grand to some, sheer bad luck to others, was the driving force for Texas' resurgence, he held the Yankees the best he could for 6 innings. So the questioning of mental awareness stands in my book.

As if the Yankees needed anymore bad news, Mark Teixeira pulled a hamstring and will be out for the rest of the season. My heart is slowly climbing out of my stomach with this news but as for the team, that should have been the spark to set things off. I know I'm going to receive criticism for bashing the hitters but I feel no one else is doing it. If ya'll think I've gone far enough, I haven't even started on the fans. It's about time we start.

Let me clear something up, just because you've paid $3,000 and better for your ticket that doesn't correlate with your fanhood...nor does it warrant your disrespectful behavior. Acting ignorant and belligerent to opposing players isn't cute. I am not impressed nor am I amused. Also, don't interfere with the game. If you see a ball approaching you, move out of the way. Step to the side the same way you would if you saw a poor person begging. Oh and the biggest criticism of them all, leaving before the game is done. Winning or not, you stay in your seats until the final out. The "trying to beat traffic and I have work in the AM" excuse does not fly with me. You knew what you were getting into when you purchased those tickets so spare me...literally spare me.

I want to end with a little words of wisdom for the NY Yankees: "Whether you think you can or you can't...you're right". Take this quote and internalize it. I wish you guys the best of luck in the next 3 games. I will not abandon you in your darkest hour. Loyalty is all I know.

XOXO,
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you readers for your comments for they are truly appreciated.