Wednesday, December 8, 2010

For Coach K...3 Is A Magic Number

Tonight, the Duke Blue Devils faced the Bradley Braves and like every other game, the Blue Devils came out swinging...or should I say shooting. Let's dig in:

In the first quarter, the Blue Devils were all over Bradley as they had to stop at nothing to score because superstar phenom Kyrie Irving sat out due to an injury. Seniors Nolan Smith and Kyle Singler continued to prove why they're the overall leaders on the team with their impressive play and great shots. As Duke and Bradley approached the half, Duke lead 32-18. At one point, I questioned whether Bradley had even stepped on to the bus to ride to Duhram because of their non-existent defense. Bradley was clearly there but they were no match for the fiery devils.

After the half, Duke continued to play great basketball and when the clocked finally stopped, Duke had won with a score of 83-48. Not only did Duke improve their record to becoming 9-0 but the most AMAZING feat happened: Coach Mike Krzyzewski has passed Adolph Rupp on the "All Time Wins" list to take a comfortable seat at 3rd. Coach K needs 3 more wins to pass Dean Smith for a total of 880 wins and to take the coveted 2nd place spot. I'm so excited I can barely type.

I hope you all had a wonderful night watching our beloved Duke Blue Devils. I know I'm a die hard Cameron Crazie and I look forward to watching them on Saturday.

XOXO,
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you readers for your comments for they are truly appreciated.