Saturday, December 25, 2010

Top 10 Things I Hope Santa Brought Me This Christmas

My oh my look how time flew! Christmas is here which means the new year is a week away and while we're all excited and anxious to let 2010 rest and welcome in 2011, we're clamoring to open up those presents we've wanted since January. Some of you are pleased with what Santa has given you and others are scrunching up their faces. Well either way be thankful and be grateful so here goes....the top 10 things I hope Santa brought me this Christmas:

10. A long/peaceful vacation- I've worked hard this year and after exhausting time, sleep, and sometimes funds to ensure that my students were successful in school, it's time for me to let my luscious brunette hair down and start it up....vroom vroom...start it up.

9. A higher credit score- Christmas isn't really about over indulging on gifts and yet manufacturers have suckered us into carrying 5 or more bags out of the store just to feel better about ourselves. As an Economist I understand the game and yet I've fallen into a small trap that might have hurt my credit score. So, in the spirit of giving, giving love, gifts, warmth, etc., Santa can get my credit score back to the 800s.

8. Extended Optimism- This year has really been bountiful with silver linings and it was all made possible because of me always looking at the glass half full. I pray that Santa blesses me with extended optimism because there's nothing like carrying a smile on your face during rough times to truly make any bleak situation brighter.

7. A playoff appearance from the New York Knicks- well who would have thought that the NY Knicks would capture NY's heart and the world's attention again...for the good. The NYK have shut the haters down with their amazing teamwork and winning capabilities. Jersey sales have sky rocketed, well mainly Stoudemire's jersey, and New York is bleeding orange and blue. I look forward to amazing things from this team.

6. The recession to be over- while we're almost out of this crippling depression, it can only get worse before it gets better. I hope the past 2 years have taught you all the value of paying your bills on time and truly studying the ins and outs of your banks so you won't swindled into sub-prime mortgages and tapping into your home equity.

5. The Duke Blue Devils being NCAA Champs again- March Madness this year was by far the most enjoyable in a LONG time. This year Jon Scheyer and Kyle Singler led the blue devils to another NCAA title in 9 years...yes, the last time they won was in 2001...and the universe was right again. This year, Santa can help Duke repeat and win the title again!

4. Best wishes for my friends and family- It's my greatest pleasure in life seeing those I love succeed and win and this year the blessings were abundant as they continued to climb the ladder of success. For Christmas, I hope Santa has given them all that they've asked for and continues to shower them well into 2011.

3. 2011 Yankees Opening Day tickets- I had the pleasure of going to Opening Day 2009 which was the christening of the new Yankee Stadium and boy did I have a BLAST! Being the diehard Yankee fan that I am, I hope Santa got me tickets....I've been a very good girl =]

2. Longevity so I can ring in 2011- I don't know about you but with the constant hustle and bustle of life, sometimes we don't realize just how important our lives are until something tragic happens. About two weeks ago a dear friend of mine Steven Smith died at the age of 24 and I've been trying to recover ever since. No more hip hop tweets, no more ragging on Duke tweets, no more making my nights calm and peaceful, and no one to celebrate Christmas with or ring in 2011 with. I hope Santa has given me extended life so no one else has to mourn another life gone too soon.

1. The Jets winning the Superbowl- New York is a trophy town, mainly the Yankees, but once we fans have chosen our teams to root for, we're stuck to them like glue. We eat, breathe, and sleep our teams and we might even sell our children to see them win a championship. I have no children but seeing as both myself and my dad are Jets fans he might sell me to see them win again. All I'm asking is that Santa help Sanchez, Holmes, and Rexy Rex Ryan win so I attend the parade chanting "J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!"

There you have it folks...my top 10 list. Happy Holidays! Joyeux Noel! Feliz Navidad! Buon Natale! Wesolych Swiat Bozego Narodzenia!

XOXO,
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you readers for your comments for they are truly appreciated.