Saturday, November 12, 2011

902 Reasons To Be Proud of Coach K!

Oh readers, it's the most wonderful time of the year. Now, I know what you're thinking, "Isn't that song usually reserved for Christmas?" and while it usually is, I'm dedicating this song to the return of college basketball. We college basketball fans are as diverse as we are passionate and we are more than thrilled. Every year, we believe that "this will be the year when my team wins it all!" and that sentiment hasn't changed....especially if you're a Duke Blue Devils fan.

This past spring, while we didn't repeat as champions, we did leave on great terms, Coach K had 900 victories and was two away from tying the record with mentor and friend Bob Knight. Fast forward to last night, 11-11-11, Duke garnered their first win of the season against Belmont and Coach K collected his 901st victory. We fans celebrated and prepared our game plan for the next game. We were more than ready.

Well, how do I say this without coming off like a psycho? I don't think there's another way therefore, COACH MIKE KRZYZEWSKI HAS TIED BOB KNIGHT ON THE ALL-TIME D1 MEN'S WINS LIST WITH 902 VICTORIES!  That's right, with Duke defeating Presbyterian 95-55, this feat was accomplished. As usual, whenever my one of my life-long favorite teams or people accomplish anything great, my hands begin to shake, I get shortness of breath, and I need to be sedated to calm down my excitement. Today, nothing about my ritual will change.

As the season continues to blossom, I can be assured that Duke and Coach K will not rest on their laurels and continue to provide its fans with quality basketball. Congratulations to Coach K on 902 victories and I cannot wait until Tuesday, 11-15-11, as you take your place upon the throne with 903 victories. I am a Cameron Crazie and damn proud of it :)


XOXO,
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you readers for your comments for they are truly appreciated.