Tuesday, November 15, 2011

903 Is Fine With Me :)

Well readers, where do I begin? How do I even write this post without getting emotional? If you know me well, then you know my hands are rapidly shaking as I type this post. I believe I have the hyperventilation & palpitations down to a minimum but my excitement is on high nonetheless. Ok, I'm now ready to write the following statement: COACH MIKE KRZYZEWSKI HAS PASSED BOB KNIGHT ON THE ALL-TIME MEN'S D1 LIST WITH 903 WINS!

Yes! Coach K is sitting on the highest throne as we, his beloved fans, celebrate his accomplishments. What an honor it has been to watch him coach since 2000. I may have stumbled upon my fandom late, but because of amazing footage I was always aware of what power the Duke Blue Devils possessed and the captain at the helm steering them to immortality. A bit much? Maybe, but there's no other way to describe how I feel. I'm a happy Cameron Crazie and what I wouldn't give to be celebrating with my fellow Crazies here & in Duhram.

To cap off Duke's 74- 69 win, Coach K and mentor, friend, and father figure Bob Knight shared a hug that brought the house down with a range of emotions. Friendships like theirs are hard to come by and this victory sealed their bonds further. We should all be so lucky to have people like that in our lives.

Are you guys still celebrating like I am? If so, I hope your energy lasts for days because the feeling that I'm feeling won't die for a lonnnnggg time. Congratulations Coach K on another wonderful feat. I'll continue to watch until the casket drops ;)

XOXO,
Whitney

1 comment:

  1. Always good when the previous record holder celebrates the new....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you readers for your comments for they are truly appreciated.